According to the famous American literary icon, Mark Twain
- there are only four unique cities in the United States, and San Antonio is one of them
. If you think SA is just another tourist vacation destination, you are in for a big surprise. Read further and trace some interesting facts you probably Didn't Know
about San Antonio.
Image by Urban via commonswiki
- San Antonio was designated its name in honor of St. Anthony of Padua.
- San Antonio government type is Council-Manager.
- SA is the second most populated city in Texas
- SA's nicknames are S.A., San Antone, River City, Alamo City, Countdown City and Military City USA.
- San Antonio is the third largest city in Texas.
- The city's primary source of drinking water is the Edwards Aquifer.
- Since 1891, SA has been celebrating Fiesta Noche del Rio, celebrated for 10 days every year in April.
- The Tower of the Americas is SA's tallest building at 750-feet.
- For both residents and visitors, SA has been graded as the most affordable city.
- Note that, in SA it is illegal to flirt or respond to flirtatious gestures like using the hands or eyes.
- SA owned the nation's first air-conditioned office building - the Milam Building
- Bexer County’s Bibliotech - The country's first completely digitized library without a single physical book.
- San Antonio is the inventor of the first commercial Local Area Network (LAN).
- SA has been denoted as “the most Catholic city in the United States” by Pope John Paul II.
- The 18th Century San Pedro Springs Park is the nation's second oldest park.
- SeaWorld San Antonio is the world's largest marine-life theme park.